Follow by Email

Thursday, January 30, 2014

A little jacket


I haven't worn this jacket in a few years. It used to fit. Then it got small. (Funny how that happens, isn't it?)

I've had it hanging on a hook along with a pair of jeans that I've actually never worn because they, too, were too small. The hook hangs on my closet door. The idea was that I would look at these clothes each day and they would remind me to do the things required to make myself less large. Because I really love the jacket. And it worked once. But they've been hanging there so long that they've become wallpaper.

I thought it might be a useful contemplative exercise to draw the jacket, because in drawing it there's no getting around thinking about it. Jacket meditation, as it were.

It's a nice spring-weight fabric. I let you know in a few months whether this proved to be anything but a drawing exercise.

No comments: