Follow by Email

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Gourds and Ghouls and Making Time

Click on the images to make 'em bigger, of course. The better to find the typo in the text, my pretty ...

The wonderful leather sketchbook from the Ann Arbor Art Fair is filling up fast, mostly with Red Ridinghood iterations but also the random little sketch. Even when I haven't been able to make time for true urban sketching, I've sneaked in little drawings. Sometimes these are the ones that end up mattering when you page back through old sketchbooks.

And, as I learned in art school, you can do fun stuff by pulling disparate images from sketchbooks. Making sketchbooks thus a bit more wonderful - but only if one uses them, of course.

Using the sketchbook in more than one way becomes important because — well, I've finally succumbed to the reality that there isn't time in this life to do everything. So we do what we can, and use the best of it in creative ways.

Speaking of fun, since we're almost at Halloween, I thought I'd reprise another little thing I did a couple of years ago during this season. I might be the only one who liked it.

1 comment:

Clare said...

Why is it that demonic children are the single scariest thing in this world?