Follow by Email

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Your Daily Newspaper ...

You can click on this to make it more readable — though it will be most readable in print. Just sayin' ...

The thing about your daily newspaper is that, if you are lucky, there are still people working there who try to do cool things once in a while. When I say "cool," I mean "Beyond what the paper should be doing as a record of history in the making and raining hell on corrupt people." Like that. Anyway, the cool thing my newspaper, the Plain Dealer, did for me today was publish my illustrated version of a recent blog post. I hope people like it. I also hope the Plain Dealer is still around to do many more cool things for many years ago come.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it...your illustrated wisdom will find a place of honor in my "studio." Thank you. Nancy V.

valorie grace hallinan said...

Karen, glad to have discovered your writing, illustration, and blog today.

Diane Hoeptner (hep-ner) said...

I LOVED it, Karen!! Very inspirational and wise and so well done. I had to look you up right away!! WONDERFUL!!!

honey said...

you know i am a fan. of your illustration and your words...and well...you!

i loved this post. the drawing is a fabulous reminder of so many of life's lessons and done with your usual wisdom and whimsy.

...and i get the daily paper. actually 3 of them.

Meg said...

Oh, wow. I am so glad I read the forum section this morning and found your piece. I am becoming a writer after having been a lawyer for 20+ years. I have clipped the page and it shall hang above my desk. I suspect I'll be a frequent visitor here, as well.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing this - very motivational and inspirational. I plan to keep this in my office!

Johanna Rusk said...

I saw your post on a friend's FB page and looked for you here because I liked it very much. I'm an English teacher by trade, but a writer by passion, and your words are very relevant to me. Thanks for sharing!

Songdog Jay said...

Karen, I love this article. I would love to share it with my students, but the image doesn't reproduce well. Is there a text version you could point me towards??
Thanks!
Jay