Follow by Email

Saturday, December 31, 2011




The last day of 2011 finds Cleveland wearing its gray fur sky.
I woke up early, fed the herd, then got around to finishing up the handmade sketch journal I started a few days ago.

Faithful follower(s) will have picked up on my restlessness surrounding the choice of a sketchbook. I keep trying to be a good Moleskine girl, for all the reasons to love them. But there are enough reasons not to love them that I keep wandering off into other territories.

Lately I've been loving my leatherbound sketch journal from the art fair, but decided to close it down as we close down the year.

So I greet 2012 with a new kind of book created in a new kind of way. And the point anyway is less about the book form than it is about fealty to the visual journal. I will do my best to remember, as the last semester of school sweeps over me, that even a thoughtful five-minute drawing can capture a moment worth capturing.

Happy New Year to you, and may you also be more true to the activities and people you love the most.

1 comment:

Kay said...

I should make a goal to actually use all the lovely journals I have bought or made over the years!!!! Happy New Year