Follow by Email

Saturday, August 06, 2011

Stuarts and Cascading Style Sheets


I've been neglectful here these days, mainly because I was laboring in a summer class that included learning, among other things, Adobe Dreamweaver. You can see the result here, and let me know what you think. I was pretty vexed by the HTML/CSS thing there for a while, but then I started catching on.

Now my thoughts have turned to other projects, including my attempt to cook up an idea for the fall exhibit by the Northern Ohio Illustrators Society. The theme is Rock, Paper, Scissors -- which sounded so good many months ago, when it was named. Anyway, I have merely a half-baked idea that needed more somethin'. So my head turned to "Stuart Little," and you can read a bit about him and me here.

There are other great Stuarts, too, by the way. There's Stuart MacLean, host of Canada's "Vinyl Cafe," a far-superior-to-Garrison-Keillor radio show with "Prairie Home Companion"-like qualities except that I like to listen to Stuart MacLean and I don't like to listen to Keillor.

Then there's Stuart from MAD TV. If you've never seen him, you can catch an episode here, but let me warn you he's an acquired taste.

2 comments:

Dancing Carrot 2 said...

Could I just say that I love your art? There I have said it. Thank you.

Roark said...

I saw Stuart MacLean when he was in Cleveland, and enjoyed the experience immensely. But Keillor got there first. I just wish Stuart would create his own persona and stop ripping off Garrison ...

Wonderful work here, by the way. And you did it right, acknowledging that your inspiration was Stuart Little. Unlike that other Stuart ...