Follow by Email

Monday, March 07, 2011

Materials



After a long time away, I have come back to my onetime one and only love, the Moleskine Sketchbook. What took me there was, oddly enough, this lovely little device, which, when I saw it, I had to own. It was something I would've invented, had I been thinking more clearly.

Yes, so I bought a Quiver pen holder, which fits the Moleskine, and then I had to buy a Moleskine, since I have been working primarily in the Fabriano sketchbooks. These have great all-media paper in them, quite suitable for watercolor, which the Moleskine sketchbook can't say.

Well, so I still have my Fabriano, but I also know that I need to work on some traditional drawing skills, working in pencil, for rendering and such. The Moley IS good for that.

Here, as you can see, I couldn't resist adding a wash of blue gouache after I finished my portrait of the lovely Kate, who looks in this image a bit (weirdly) like me. She doesn't really look so much like me in real life. But perhaps we look alike when we read.

1 comment:

honey said...

that is the coolest device, and i must have it right now. where did you get it?!

i thought the drawing WAS of you! how funny. I loved the text on the drawing and was taken by surprise with the post about sketchbooks that lead me back to daughter love.

so nice.